Diabetic Clinics are held at the practice every week. The clinics are held for Annual Reviews and follow up reviews.
Diabetic patients can call the practice and request a telephone consultation for advice on Diabetes related problems.
The Diabetes Team at the Practice have put together some online resources to help adult patients with diabetes with self-care at home. If you are pregnant and have diabetes or have a child with diabetes, you must contact your specialist hospital diabetes team for advice.
Staying at home with Diabetes:
- Coronavirus News
- Managing Your Diabetes
- Diabetes help during covid pandemic
- NHS Diabetes UK Advice Helpline for adult patients on insulin, in response to normal service disruption due to covid if immediate advice needed: 0345 123 2399, Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm.
These leaflets will give diabetes patients essential information on what to do when they are ill.
Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG)
Only if on certain medicines or if instructed by the diabetes team
- Why do I sometimes feel shaky, dizzy sweaty/Hypoglycaemia
- Diabetes and driving
- Diabetes and taking care of your feet
- Mental Health Help
- Tailored tips and advice for managing diabetes day to day
- If you manage your diabetes with insulin
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Diabetes and food
Information specific to patients with Type 1 diabetes
- What is Diabetes? - For patients newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes
- Information and education about living well and how to manage your Type 1 diabetes via the Bertie website
Information specific to patients with Type 2 diabetes
- What is Diabetes? – For patients newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
- For more information to help you live well with diabetes and manage your Type 2 diabetes to get access to MyDESMOND education programme email: MyDESMOND@uhl-tr.nhs.uk with your name, preferred email address, the county you live in/your postcode and NHS number
- Type 2 diabetes if you’re also taking steroid tablets
- Supporting patients through Ramadan
INDEX - Services
- Use Online Triage
- About Online Triage
- The NHS App
- Test Results
- e-Referral Service
- Electronic Prescription Service
- Antenatal Clinic
- Childhood Vaccinations
- Dentists and Dental Emergencies
- Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Flu Vaccination
- Innovative Text Reminders
- Mental Health
- Minor Eye Conditions
- National Screening Programmes
- Private Services
- Sexual Health
- Social Prescriber
- Summary Care Record
- Travel Clinic
- Find NHS Services
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.