How To Book Appointments
Our receptionists will be pleased to speak to you to explain our online consultations and help with any queries you may have. They are here to help you obtain the very best possible service from the Practice. Please help them to help you by giving as much information as possible especially in an emergency. We wish to assure you that the rules of confidentiality apply to all of our Practice Staff
Pharmacy & Self-Care
Your pharmacy can advise you on minor illness without the need of an appointment. Please speak to a pharmacist first.
Your consultation with an NHS Community Pharmacist
We are piloting a new service for people with a minor illness or who require an urgent supply of their regular medicines, to get help at a community pharmacy instead.
If, during your initial assessment we think you will get the quickest and safest care via a consultation with a pharmacist, we will arrange that for you, so you avoid having a long wait.
Pharmacists are experts in medicines and managing minor illness. A consultation with a pharmacist means that you can be seen today at a pharmacy of your choosing.
Pharmacy & Self-Care
Pharmacists are qualified healthcare professionals who can offer clinical advice, over the counter medicines and their use, to effectively and safely manage a range of minor health concerns. They can also help you to decide whether you'll need to see a doctor. You don't need an appointment and you won't even be asked to make a purchase. Every pharmacy also has a private consultation area for you to talk about your symptoms in private if you prefer.
Routine (2 - 7 days)
I have a non-urgent problem and can wait 2 - 7 days to be seen.
Ways to book:
We do appreciate that a child's illness can create a lot of anxieties.
We will therefore endeavour to see children the same day if the need arises.
Newham Access 7 days-a-week service
For patients who are at work or can't attend an appointment at the practice during the day...?
A number of appointments are bookable via your GP or by calling direct on 020 7540 9949
All GP Practices in Newham can book appointments at the Hubs listed below:
- Monday - Friday: Glen Road Medical Centre - 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, E13 8RU 6.30pm - 10.00pm
- Saturday: Glen Road Medical Centre - 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, E13 8RU 8.00am - 8.00pm
- Saturday: Plashet Medical Centre - 152 Plashet Road, Plaistow, E13 0QT 8.00am - 8.00pm
- Sunday: Glen Road Medical Centre - 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, E13 8RU 8.00am - 8.00pm
- Sunday: Westbury Road Surgery - 45 Westbury Road, Forest Gate, E7 8BU 8.00am - 8.00pm
Please contact 020 7540 9949 only if you cannot make an appointment during regular daytime GP surgery hours (usually 08:00 - 18:30 Monday to Friday)
Life Threatening - Go to A&E
If you or someone you know has a life-threatening condition, such as loss of consciousness, chest pain, breathing difficulties etc, you should call 999
In an EMERGENCY call 999.
Emergencies are situations that cannot be managed at home and may be life threatening
Appointment SMS Reminders
You can now register to receive information by text message on your phone regarding appointments and health care.
If you wish to register for this messaging service please fill out the consent form.
New Data Protection Regulations from May 2018 (GDPR)
Under the new data protection regulations introduced from 25th May 2018, we will continue to contact patients via text messages regarding the delivery of care if they have provided consent to do so.
If practices are sending messages about recommended treatment for the management of a specific health issue, then this is defined as providing appropriate care for patients, not marketing purposes.
If you would like ot opt out of any future contact via text messaging, then please complete the form and indicate in the marked section.
On The Day Of Your Appointment
- Fast Check-in System: To avoid queuing at reception, we have a self-check-in screen for patients attending the surgery for booked appointments. It is easy to use; just follow the step-by-step guide on the screen or ask reception for help
- Delays: We always aim to operate an efficient appointment system and try to see patients on time, however, if a Clinician is running more than 30 minutes late you will be informed
- Lateness: Unfortunately as a result of late attendances we have decided that if you are delayed for more than 15 minutes and you have not informed our receptionist prior to attending, we may request you to re-book another appointment. Please inform us if you are unable to keep an appointment as often it could be offered to somebody else
In order for the smooth running of our Practice we advise you:
- To avoid ‘squeezing’ in other members of your family into your slot
- Try not to save several problems for one appointment
- Not to attend the Surgery consulting times without an appointment, unless it is a genuine emergency. However please be prepared to wait until all patients with appointments have been seen first
Woodgrange Medical Practice has a chaperone policy. All patients and clinicians have a right to request a chaperone during a procedure or examination.
Woodgrange Medical practice is able to offer patients a chaperone to be present. If you would like a chaperone present during your consultation or examination then please inform the reception staff when booking your appointment.
For patients who require assistance with language translation during a consultation with one of Woodgrange Medical Practice’s Clinicians
We can organise for you a professional advocacy service so that a Health Advocate may assist you with translation during your appointment.
The Health Advocate, where clinically appropriate will translate via a telephone translation service, between the Clinician and patient. Telephone interpreters can be booked in advance.
This service is only available for pre-booked appointments. The advocacy service must be organised 5 working days in advance of your pre-booked appointment; please contact our reception staff who will organise this on your behalf.
- New Patient Health Checks: Woodgrange Medical Practice does not book Health Advocates for new patient health checks
- Midwife Appointments: If you plan to attend the surgery for a midwifery (midwife) appointment, Woodgrange Medical Practice does not book the advocate; Instead, we will call the antenatal advocate number who will organise an advocate on your behalf
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.