We only offer blood tests for our Diabetic patients. You may visit any of the local Walk-In Blood Test Centres; locations can be found on our Phlebotomy Leaflet in the surgery.
To obtain test results, reports, and any other queries, please contact us via online consultation here
Test results are usually sent to the surgery within a week.
External Phlebotomy Test Centres in Newham: Walk-In Blood Test Service
Blood tests now need to be pre-booked. The walk in service is no longer available.
The service is available for the residents of Newham from the age of 4 onwards.
The centres below are open from Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays.
- Appleby Health Centre Phlebotomy Service: 63 Appleby Road, Canning Town E16 1LQ | Tel: 0203 738 7085 | Opening Times Monday - Friday
Non-Fasting 08:00 - 14:30 (Last Ticket 15:00)
Fasting 08:00 - 12:00
Excludes Bank Holidays
- The Centre Manor Park Phlebotomy Service: 30 Church Road, Manor Park, E12 6AQ | Tel: 0208 553 7400 | Opening Times: Monday - Friday: 07:00 - Last Ticket 15:30, Saturday: 08:30 - Last Ticket 12:20 (Excludes Bank Holidays)
- Shrewsbury Road Health Centre Phlebotomy Service (This location has a dedicated Diabetic Phlebotomy Room): Shrewsbury Road, Forest Gate, London E7 SQP | Tel: 0208 586 5142 | Opening Times: Monday - Friday: 07:00 - 15:30 (Last Ticket 15:00), Saturday: 08:00 - 11:00 (Last Ticket 11:00) (Excludes Bank Holidays)
- Vicarage Lane Health Centre Phlebotomy Service: Vicarage Lane, Stratford, E15 4EF | Tel: 020 8536 2070 | Opening Times Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 15:00 (Last Ticket 15:00) (Excludes Bank Holidays)
- For blood tests for babies aged 0 -2 years: You need to book an appointment. To do this call Newsham University Hospital Switchboard on 020 7476 4000 and request to be transferred to Rainbow Ward
- For Blood tests for children aged 2 – 4 years: You can go straight to Zone 4 at Newham Univeristy Hospital. Opening / Closing Times may vary. Please call in advance to check the times for Blood Tests at Newham University Hospital
Main switchboard number for Newham University Hospital: 020 7476 4000
Note: Please ensure that blood forms are completed fully and clearly on all duplicate sheets. Otherwise the lab technician will not process the tests.
Blood Tests for Diabetic Patients
We offer a separate service for Diabetic patients at the Practice to minimise waiting times. This is to prevent any complications due to fasting and not taking your medication as per usual protocol.
We would prefer Diabetic patients to attend before 10 am but no later than 11am as the blood result accuracy will be affected by them fasting for an abnormally long period due to possible ketoacidosis.
For patients requiring a Glucose Tolerance Test patients need to book an appointment at the Health Centre they choose to attend, this is the only part of the service which is not walk in, as they have a 2 hour wait for repeat bloods
If you have been requested to bring a specimen for testing please ensure that you drop it off at the Practice by 10:00 am in the designated area.
Patients must ensure that the specimen bottle is clearly marked with name and date of birth.
Specimens brought in after 10.00am will not be collected by our courier service and hence you will need to take it to Newham General Hospital to Pathology.
The Doctor has asked you to do a FiT test. This (Faecal Immunochemical Test) is a stool test designed to identify possible signs of bowel disease. It detects minute amounts of blood in faeces (faecal occult blood). Many bowel abnormalities which may develop into cancer over time, are more likely to bleed than normal tissue. So, if there is blood in the stool this can indicate the presence of abnormalities in the bowel. Patients with a positive FIT result are referred for further investigation by colonoscopy. If cancer is found early, treatments are more effective.
The short video below will explain how to collect the stool sample required . It is important that you follow the instructions carefully as an innapropriate sample will be rejected by the lab.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.